Types of Aerobics Class
- Floor Aerobics: involves moving around on the ground. It's usually titled something like 'Cardio Challenge' to make it sound more exciting.
- Step Aerobics: uses a step or riser to stress the leg muscles somewhat. The step is roughly four feet long by two feet wide by six inches high. Risers can make it up to one foot tall.
- Dance Aerobics: Similar to Floor Aerobics but using proper dance steps
What is Aerobics?
- Aerobics class is a high energy and fun fitness class where you perform a range of aerobic moves. No matter what your age, ability or experience, aerobics class is an inclusive activity suitable for everyone.
- Our upbeat classes will ensure you are boosting your fitness, getting a top workout, and having a great time!
- Aerobics classes can be a great way to lose weight, get in shape, and to become more motivated by the energy of a group class.
- Aerobics classes that combine aerobics with another activity such as dance, can be a fun and interesting way to exercise.
- Aerobics classes are a specialised form of exercise aimed at strengthening the body's cardiovascular system without overly stressing any particular part of the body.
- In technical terms aerobics is a form of physical exercise that combines rhythmic aerobic exercise with stretching with the ultimate goal of improving all elements of fitness (flexibility, muscular strength and cardio-vascular fitness).
- In reality it’s your chance to get fit while having a laugh with your friends and jumping around to the latest Britney tunes.
- Aerobics classes are generally led by an instructor (the main difference between them and a Saturday night boogieing on the dance floor). They usually involve rapid stepping patterns performed to the latest charts.
Kinds of Aerobics ImpactAerobic exercise can be either high or low impact. Typical aerobics classes allow students to choose either high or low impact. The teacher demonstrates low impact first. Students can then keep doing that or do the high-impact version which the teacher demonstrates next.
- Low Impact: This exercise keeps at least one foot on the ground (or something which at least touches the ground) at all times.
- High Impact: This exercise involves having both feet off the ground sometimes. In other words, there's jumping or running of some sort is involved. It provides more cardivascular benefit than low intensity, but it also stresses bones and joints more.
- Most aerobics classes will be structured very similarly, with a warm up period of a few minutes, followed by the aerobics period where the heart rate is elevated for 30 to 40 minutes, which is then followed by a cool down period.
- It is important to gently stretch the muscles during the cool down period to prevent tightness and injury.
- Most aerobics classes do not feature a break, but it is important to stay hydrated throughout the class, and to stop and rest if you feel dizzy or lightheaded at any point.
- About a month after your first class, you'll finally start to get it.
Clothes & Equipment for Starting an Exercise Class
- Aerobics will certainly get you moving and sweating! This is why we recommend you wear flexible and comfortable clothing to move in.
- We also recommend comfortable footwear, such as trainers, that provide adequate stability and flexibility.
- We strongly advise you to bring plenty of water to keep hydrated during your session.
- Equipment like yoga mat, step, dumbbells, foam roller, etc. may (or may not) be provided.
Train with a Friend
- Group exercise can be a fun way to work out with others, and a wide variety of class types are available at many sites.
- Class participants may develop friendships and encourage one another, perhaps becoming accountability partners for one another.
- Instructors often notice progress and miss regular participants when they are out. Many people work harder when they are around others and look forward to regular group exercise routines each week.
Benefits of Aerobics Class
- The benefits of aerobics include increased cardiopulmonary efficiency, strengthened heart and lungs, improved circulation, lowered cholesterol levels, and stress and anxiety reduction.
- In fact, this class is one of the best ways to have a fun workout and get fit through improving your personal fitness!
- Aerobics class is ideal for a great fat burning workout and a real energy boost. This class will help you increase your stamina, tone up all areas of your body, as well as relieve stress after a long day!
The best way to know Aerobics is to see itFloor Aerobics Demo
Step Aerobics Demo
Dance Aerobics Demo